Darren's, Heather's, and Gavin's adventures
Open up the door and take a journey with Heather the Hillarious, Gavin the Gifted, and Darren the Dashing. Will Master Dare slay the witch with his X-wing? Will Gavin want a pet lion? Will Heather's aim hold true? Find out as we enter Through the Wardrobe.
Google
February 20, 2006
The Next "American Idol!"
Move over Elvis. Take a seat Jimmy. You need to make room for the new "King" of guitar. Ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together for the smallest guitar-playing man (er, kid) in all time. The ONE, The ONLY, GAAAVVVVINNNNN!!!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

My word. What child did I get? He's all ready an athlete, a writer, a reader, and a dreamer. Now he gets to add guitar to his all ready impressive resume. He had enough of dad playing the guitar. Gavin took over and went on a roll. It's not just him using the strap to hold up the guitar, but look at his hands. They are in the perfect position! He was not banging and not knowing what he was doing. He was strumming and keeping a beat! Yes, he at the age of two can strum and have a steady beat. I thought it would end there. Oh no. My Gavin had another surprise. He started finger-picking. It's wasn't Blue Grass yet, but give him time. I think the spirit of Great-Grandad Gaddy is resting on him. Gavin never had a chance to meet his Great-Grandad. I swear Gavin has heard of the great music talent he had. My Grandad Gaddy could finger-pick and do harmony at the same time. It was common for my mom and her dad to sit down and play all night. I've never seen this strong of a desire for a 2 year old to play music. It's in his blood.

The guitar Gavin is playing belongs to his Grandma Corbin. I've been learning how to play the guitar for several months now. Gavin would request for me to play. He would clap and dance and help me strum. The other night he wanted the strap around his neck. He would not give it back to me. I couldn't get my practice time in.

I hope he continues his love for music and really appreciate the beauty of it. I hope I can remember the stories about his Great-Grandad so that he can understand what a legacy music has been in my family. I need to write those stories down.

In 15 years, the next American Idol I predict will be Gavin Corbin.

"And you, young Skywalker; we shall watch your career with great interest." --- Chancellor Palpatine

posted by Dare @ 1:17 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger G. said…

    He'll be a...jukebox heroooo.
    (with stars in his eyes)
    JukeBox Hero!
    (aaahhhhhhhaaaa!)

    Way to go Gavin! Keep it up.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dare
Home: Mabelvale, Arkansas, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Links
Other Links
Previous Post
Archives